Monday, 15 December 2014

15/12/14 - Country roads‏

Good afternoon,

Last week has been very interesting. We taught N. and finished the Plan of Salvation, she said that she would be coming to church. 9:30 came and she wasn't there again... We tried calling and texting, but she didn't get back to us. President Jordan's goal is for everyone to baptise before the end of the year and N. was our greatest hope, but she had to come to church and she didn't. Both me and Elder Judy were pretty disappointed. However, A (mentioned in last week's email) came to church! She told us she had a hard week, that's why she didn't get back to us and she is willing to meet with us this week.

That day we let the Bletchley 1 Elders borrow the car for the afternoon and we rode on the bikes to our appointment with the family - the referrals from Sister Lawson. The lesson went really well and they have a conditional baptism. They understood what we were teaching and have been committed to act on our message.  The wife is interested in learning about religion, but is still looking for the right one.  The husband was brought up as Church of England, but wasn't practicing and has done bible studies when he was younger. They have an adopted son who is going to be 7 soon. We're hoping for them to be baptised early next year! 

I put the subject title to be "Country roads", because of the incident we had last Tuesday. So I was driving to the Robertson's house in Buckingham with the Bletchley 1 Elders and it was pitch black country roads. I was looking at the road and it looked like it was going straight so I planned on going straight. I glanced at the Satnav and it showed a right turn. Immediately after, everyone in the car shouted at me to turn! So I quickly turned and tried slowing down, but we hit the curb quite hard. I was quite scared and we got out of the car to exam the damage. The only problem we could see was the front left tyre was flat and the rim was bent, so we slowly headed to the Robertson's house and Brother Robertson helped to put on the spare tyre. 

The next day we had a couple appointments in the morning and I told Elder Judy we need to go to the garage in the morning, but he told me that we would have to do it later after our appointments (that wasn't the best idea...) We picked up the Terry's to go to our lesson with us and brother Terry saw the spare tyre and rebuked me for not getting the tyre fixed earlier in the morning (we were on an exchange with the Bletchley 1 elders that day). After the lesson we headed to Kwik-fit and it turned out that a lot of things needed replacing... All 4 tyres needed replacing, because each one had a problem. The brake pads and discs needed replacing too because they were worn out. I know that the 2 tyres was my fault, but I felt like everything was my fault during that time, especially when I had to call up the mission office to tell them what happened. The Kwik-fit guy told us we needed to get a new wheel, because of the rim, but the guy managed to hammer it back into place. So luckily it didn't need to happen. Everything came to nearly £600 and Elder Davis told me that with country roads I need to be careful and to use high beams (I was using high beams, but didn't have them on during the incident, because I switch them off for a car just earlier). Sister Williams said that we can replace tyres, but not lives... I'm was expecting a call from President Jordan but he hasn't called, maybe when he sees the bill and my name next to it he will.
Accident

Pillsbury cinnamon rolls!

Love,

Elder Chew

No comments:

Post a Comment