Thursday, 12 February 2015

10/02/15 - Move Calls‏

Good morning everyone!

Move calls were yesterday and it was funny what happened that evening. We were at the Robertson's house in Buckingham and we never get signal in their house. So I put a divert on the mobile to their house phone which worked! Elder Judy was cutting Andrew's hair and then the phone rang so I picked it up and it was President Jordan. He wanted to speak to Elder Judy first and as I was handing the phone to him, Nathaniel one of the Robertson kids shouted "Don't take him away!" Elder Judy answered and the first thing President Jordan asked was about his obedience! 

Elder Judy will be moving to Colchester to be a zone leader with Elder Bright. Elder Judy couldn't believe he gets to go back to Essex, because that's where he first started. He will get to do exchanges with one of his favourite places - Clacton-On-Sea. As for me I will be staying here in Bletchley 2 and will be getting Elder Yeap, who will be the new district leader. If you can remember I sent a picture of me and Elder Yeap in my email about my first zone conference. I can't believe I get to be with a Malaysian Elder! It will be the Malaysian team in Bletchley and people won't think that it's an American church anymore.

A few highlights of the week:

We had some snow last week and me and Elder Judy built Laconeus Moroni Tracey the snowman to guard the chapel. He lasted for a few hours until somebody killed him and stole the tie. 

We did some service for Sister Fields-Davis and helped her to gut a couple pheasants which was pretty interesting and she fed us some lasagna for lunch! 

The Milton Keynes Elders locked themselves out of their flat and we picked them up for a sleepover in our flat. It was a parttayyyy!

Natasha finally came to church! We asked the Terry's to pick her up and she agreed to it, because she's good friend's with them. She was very nervous about coming to church, but she calmed down and really enjoyed fast and testimony meeting. We managed to help her overcome this big hurdle and she wants to come to church again! 

Another transfer has gone by quickly and I'm grateful that I have been able to learn from Elder Judy. Here is a paragraph from President Jordan:
It is always a sad experience for me to listen to a missionary express regret that he has not used his time in the mission field wisely. President Brigham Young said, “We are all indebted to God for the ability to use time to advantage, and he will require of us a strict account of its disposition.” The Lord has said, “For he who is faithful and wise in time is accounted worthy to inherit the mansions prepared for him of my Father.” (D&C 72:4). God is a loving father who is generous with second chances, but he cannot give us back wasted time.


Love,

Elder Chew
Last district meeting together
It snowed!
Our snoman!


Gutting the Phesants
Elder Judy & the Robertsons


No comments:

Post a Comment