Tuesday, 3 March 2015

02/03/2015 - Miracle lady and teeth problems!‏

Good afternoon,

I found out this morning that I have to get a filling before my tooth decays to the nerve. I haven't been feeling any pain in that tooth, but it looks like I have to go back...

I got my first Mormon.org referral! And it turns out that she has been very prepared. She goes to her own Evangelical church in Buckingham and will read the Book of Mormon. We invited her to church, but she wants to read first. She preferred for all of us to say prayers when we opened and closed, when she gave her prayer she talked about us being bold like lions. Which is something President Jordan would say to us. She has a special talent in receiving impressions for pictures she should draw (she can draw/paint really well). I asked her what kind of picture she would draw for us and she thought of us wearing armour going around people's houses and using our shield of faith to defend ourselves. Her husband Andy wasn't there for the lesson, but he was very impressed with us. When we got back to the flat this is the text message we received: "My husband was very impressed with you both and says you are welcome to come again. In just the short time he met and spoke to you (and what he heard from scraps of our conversation and prayers) he formed the impression that you are a credit to your church and great ambassadors for your faith. He said you are very brave and wanted to encourage you to keep going. He was most impressed by the difference between you and most worldly young men, and that you have dignity."

I couldn't believe what I read! We only talked to him for 30 seconds and I felt like he wasn't really bothered about us, but It looks like we have the green light to go back! I'm so grateful that I've been trying my best to be worthy of the spirit and an example to those around me. It's people like her that will recognise us as servants of the Lord. Make sure you be the light to all those around you and I can promise that you will receive much joy.
Man challenge at zone meeting

Elder Romney's gift to President and Sister Jordan

Love,

Elder Chew 

No comments:

Post a Comment