Tuesday, 5 May 2015

05/05/15 - We actually got ipads + move calls!‏

Hey everyone!

Last Tuesday we had a mission conference at Hyde Park Chapel and it was really good (we even got lunch)! The general authorities spoke a lot about using agency and repenting to prepare us for using ipads. They told us that someone asked the first presidency about why they would let young missionaries use ipads when there is temptation to misuse it. They said "we trust them". It made me think about how much the Lord trusts us to use these mobile devices to become more efficient missionaries. This is a trust I want to live worthy of. Spencer W Kimball in his talk "When the World Will Be Converted" says:

"I believe that the Lord is anxious to put into our hands inventions of which we laymen have hardly had a glimpse.

The Prophet Joseph Smith declared: “The truth of God will go forth boldly, till it has penetrated every continent, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished.”

The talk was in 1974 and now we are one of the first missions in Europe to use ipads. As missionaries we will be able to reach more people than we ever have using this technology. Now that we have ipads we are thinking of new ways to find people with them. Me and Elder Coon have used them a few times to share messages with families and it's proven to be very useful.

Yesterday I got the call from President Jordan that I will be leaving Bletchley to go to Kettering which is about an hour drive north. I will still be in the Northampton zone. Elder Coon will be follow up trained by Elder Kopischke who just lives 5 minutes from us! I will be follow up training Elder Tomas from Spain in my first 4 man flat. Elder Crawley (one of my MTC companions) will be there with us as the new district leader! I'm excited to go to a new place, but a little sad to leave Bletchley. It has been my home for the past 6 months, but I know it's in good hands. Let me know if you have any good ideas on sharing the gospel using ipads and social media.

Love,

Elder Chew

His address has been updated on the blog, however - here it is as well:
Flat 16
Crown Apartments
Dryland Street
KETTERING
NN16 0BE


My family at Hyde Park Chapel 



No comments:

Post a Comment