Tuesday, 23 June 2015

22/06/15 - Broken Wrist!‏

Good morning everyone,

There has been a small accident last week. We were playing Football on Saturday and Elder Sarjeant hurt himself, but it wasn't from football. He was play-fighting with our 14 year old investigator who kept annoying him (I didn't know until afterwards). He put his wrist in a bad position and it got pushed too hard. However, he ignored the pain and finished playing football. Afterwards he kept moaning and moaning about the pain. His wrist swelled up and I told him he needs to call Sister Jordan.

We spent a long time at A&E yesterday and it turns out that it wasn't a sprain. He fractured a bit of his lunate (a bone in the wrist) and now he has a half cast! This is the first time I'm with a crippled companion! Missionary life can bring all sorts!

Being a district leader isn't easy. My first district meeting went well the other week. Giving good advice for other missionaries investigator's isn't that simple. I need to treat them as if they were my own investigators. Always having a positive attitude towards the work and complimenting the missionaries is something I'm working on. I have to be the example of what I want the rest of the district to be. I haven't done any exchanges yet, but I need to this week so I can post the exchange sheets to President.

This Wednesday we have President and Sister Jordan's farewell conference. There's going to be a change when President and Sister Stevens arrive. It shouldn't be difficult, because it will be like the first time coming into the mission field and adjusting to programs. This is what President Jordan has to say:

"1. Change is good. Every mission president and wife bring their own strengths, talents and experiences to the assignment. Each is different and each has something unique to contribute. If we embrace change, we will be prepared to receive the blessings the Lord desires to bestow through the service of our new leaders. You will see that the Lord has prepared President and Sister Stevens to lead the Mission in their own special way that will build wonderfully upon all the work that has gone before."

I'm grateful that President and Sister Jordan have been there to help me for almost half my mission and now I'm privileged to get a new mission president and his wife. Embracing change is part of the gospel and at the moment it's been difficult to get our investigators to do this. Me and Elder Sarjeant just need to continue finding those who are prepared.


Love,

Elder Chew



District meeting


No comments:

Post a Comment