Monday, 20 July 2015

13/07/15 - Interviews‏

Good morning,

Our interviews went well with President Stevens. It was nice that while one companion was being interviewed the other was able to speak with Sister Stevens. We were taught about faith. That faith is a belief, it starts out like a seed and it slowly grows through our righteous actions. True faith has to be in Jesus Christ in order for it to lead us back to our Heavenly Father. It will bring us hope or a trust in God's promises and the power to do great things. It has almost been a year since I came out as a missionary and I know that my faith has increased through being obedient. D&C 10:47 says "And I said unto them, that it should be granted unto them according to their faith in their prayers".

A few days ago we went to teach one of our investigators with our ward mission leader. When we got there she was in a bit of a panic trying to find her iPhone. She thought that she left it in the store, but when she went back they couldn't find it. We spent a while looking for her phone. I said a few prayers in my heart as I looked around, but we couldn't find it. So we got together and started our lesson. I said the opening prayer and asked for help in getting the phone back. In about 5 minutes the phone rang and someone outside handed in her phone to the store! I'm grateful that through our faith the Lord will look after us. She was very happy that she got her phone back. We planned to have her baptism his Sunday, but will be seeing her today to rearrange it. She has 3 little kids that make life busy for her and she is struggling to make it to church. This will be something that we will discuss, but I'm happy that she could see the power of faith.


Love,

Elder Chew

No comments:

Post a Comment